Haridwar meaning ‘Gateway to God’ is one of the seven holiest places of the Hindus, located on the banks of River Ganges. It is the place where river Ganga descends to the plains. Haridwar is also spelled as Hardwar or Hari- Dwar.
Rishikesh is situated 25 kms ahead of Haridwar at an elevation of 356mts above sea level. Rishikesh consists of three distinct areas known as Rishikesh, Swargashram and Muni-ki-Reti. It is believed that when Raibhya Rishi did rigorous penances here, the God appeared to name the place as 'Hrishikesh' and subsequently the place came to be known as Rishikesh. Numerous spiritual Yoga and meditation centres are located at Rishikesh which are regularly visited by large number of tourists from all over the world.
Day 1: Delhi - Haridwar
Meet you at a location convenient to you in Delhi, Drive to Haridwar. Check in Hotel. In the evening visit Har-ki-Pauri to view the holy Ganges Aarti. This is the place where the main bathing takes place. The place is called Brahma Kund, the myths says this is the place where the nectar can dissolved in the holy water of river Ganges. If wish, have a dip here later after viewing Aarti visit the market near the place.
Later back to your Hotel for night stay.
Day 02 : Haridwar - Rishikesh
Morning visit Haridwar Local Sight Seeing i.e Daksh Prajapati Temple, Ananand Mai Ashram, Parad (Mercury) Shivling in Kankhal Region, Mansa Devi and Chandi Devi (both by ropeway), Maya Devi, Pawan Dham, Bhuma Niketan, Parmarth, Bharat Mata Mandir, Shanti Kunj, Saptrishi Ashram and others.
Later drive to Rishikesh another ancient place which is famous for its Ashrams and for grand viewing of Ganges. Visit Ashrams, some of which are internationally recognized as centre of Philosophical studies, yoga and meditation. Check in Hotel. In the evening visit Triveni Ghat to view the holy Ganges Aarti. Later back to your Hotel for night stay.
A sacred bathing spot on the bank of the river Ganga where devotees take holy dips and offer prayers. Devotees bathe here with the belief that the water has the power to purify them. Triveni Ghat is also called because it is believed to be the confluence of the Ganga, the Yamuna and the legendary Saraswati river. It is an interesting place to be at dawn when people make offerings of milk to the river and feed the fish. After sunset, as a part of the Aarti ceremony, lamps are floated on the water and provide a spectacular view.
Our tour Includes
- 05Nights accommodation on twin sharing at the hotels mentioned above or similar.
- Daily Breakfast at respective Hotels / Resort included in above cost.
- Child below 5 years is Complimentary.
- All sightseeing as per itinerary – by Non-AC Indica/Alto & Non-AC Innova/Tavera/ Xylo (Including: Toll, Parking, All state taxes, Driver allowances and fuel).
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- All Applicable taxes.
The tour does not Include
- Expense of personal nature like tipping, laundry, and telephone/fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, any Insurance etc.
- Any other meals.
- Supplement cost of Entrances & Airfare, as quoted separately.
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.