DURATION : 05 DAYS ON TREK
Day 01: McLeod Ganj - Boh - Kanol (15oo Mts.) - Trek Starts
After breakfast drive to Boh Village (45 Kms. / 02 Hrs.) the starting point of the trek. It is a steep ascent from Boh for about two hours till we reach Batuni Village. At Batuni village we can even visit one of the village houses to witness the lifestyle of local people. Another one hour climb takes us to Lingru Nag Temple which also the lunch point. After lunch it is a downhill walk through the lush green fields till we reach Kanol Village where we camp for the overnight stay.
Day 02: Kanol - Kareri Village (1900 Mts. / 12 Kms.)
After breakfast we start our trek walking through several small villages. Visit one of the village schools enroute and interact with the children. We reach the camping place around 4 P.M. The campsite is located on the banks of a small river. Overnight in tents near the village.
DAY 03: KARERI VILLAGE TO KARERI LAKE ( 3200 MTS. / 12 KMS.)
Trail goes through mixed forests of oak, rhododendron and pine. First 2 Km is a level walk and then there is sleep ascent along Kareri Nullah Stream which has to be crossed over a number of times over improvised wooden bridges. Night stay in tents at bank of Kareri Lake.
Day 04: Kareri LAKE– KARERI VILLAGE BACK (1900 Mts. / 12 Kms.)
A leveled walk from Kareri Village takes us to Khari Behi. From Khari Behi it is a steep downhill walk for about an hour to Rawa Village, situated on the bank of a small river. From Rawa village it is steep ascent for another 2 hours to Bahl Village. Camp near a small stream close to the village.
Day 05: Kareri village – mcleod ganj back.
The above package includes:
- All trekking arrangements including sleeping tents (Alpine shape), sleeping mattresses, toilet tents, dinning tent, kitchen tent, etc.
- English speaking mountain guide.
- Cook & kitchen helper.
- Camp boys and Mules for luggage.
- All meals during the trek starting from lunch on day 01 of the trek till lunch on the last day of the trek.
The package does not include:
- Any air or train fare before and after the tour.
- Transportation of any kind other than mentioned above.
- Main meals at the hotel or any other place other than on the trek.
- Insurance of any kind (personal, medical, accidental etc.)
- Items of personal nature such as beverages, laundry, phone bill, tips etc.
- Emergency evacuation charges.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the cost includes head.