DURATION 5 Days
DAY 01: Mcleodganj - Triund (2975m) Trek/9 Km
The trek goes through mixed forest of oak, rhododendron and deodar tress. First two kilometer is a steep ascent but there is a gradual ascent after Galu Devi Temple. The last 1 kilometer is again a steep ascent through the forest. Triund is a flat meadow on top of a ridge. From here panoramic view of Dhauladhar range on one side and Kangra valley on other is a memorable sight. Night stay at tents or private houses.
DAY 02: Triund - Lahesh Cave (3500m) Trek/6Km
This is an acclimatization day. After a short ascent from Triund traverse a ridge to reach Laka Got a temporary shepherd camp. Laka Got is situated at the snout of small glacier, which is full of snow and ice in early summer, and the snow melts away during the monsoon. From Laka Got it is a sleep ascent for 2 km. Over rocky ridge to reach Lahesh cave. Night stay in the cave of camp at Laka Got.
DAY 03: Lahesh Cave - Indrahaar Pass- Chatta (4350m) Trek-4 Km
Start early in the morning, the weather gets bad in the afternoon. In early summer April to may the trail is full of snow and require good equipment. During post monsoon Sept. to Nov. There is no snow or ice and there is narrow trail going up to the pass. It takes about three hours to the pass. From the pass entire Pir Panjal range of central Himalayas is a sight to behold. Night Stay in Chatta behind Indrahaar pass.
DAY 04: Chatta – Moon Peak (4650 m)
Start early in the morning, the weather gets bad in the afternoon. In early summer April to may the trail is full of snow and require good equipment. During post monsoon Sept. to Nov. There is less snow or ice and there is narrow trail going up to the pass. It takes about 4 hours to the Moon Peak. From the Peak we can see entire Pir Panjal range of central Himalayas is a sight to behold and later get back to Laka Got or Lahesh Cave from another side. Overnight Camp in Laka Got or Lahesh Cave.
DAY 05: Laka Got/Lahesh Cave - Mcleod Ganj Trek/ 12 to 15 Km
Follow the same route on the way back or a different one from Triund going over a grassy meadow and descend down to Bhagsu Nag and then to Mcleodganj.
- All vegetarian meals During the Trek from Day one to Last day of Trek.
- Porter, Camp boys and Kitchen Staff etc.
- Camping equipment like Tents, Sleeping Bags, Matters, Ropes, carvainis etc – all international quality equipment will be provided.
- Professional instructor and Mountain guide & Insructors.
Cost does not include
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.