Region :- Uttarakhand
Duration :- 7 Days
Grade :- Easy To Moderate
Max Altitude :- 11,675 Ft.
Approx Trekking Km :- 46 Kms.
About the Trek
Sankri is the first destination of your eight day trek. Located at the altitude of good 1950 mt, this point embraces some magnificent views of Garhwal Mountains. These mighty mountains covered with snow offer a glimpse of exploration that has just begun. From here, you have to walk on the plain for next 5-6 hours to reach Taluka. Taluka lies at the foothills of Himalaya and is a vast meadow. If you visit in the spring season, you will find this pasture filled with wild, aromatic flowers. Walking in between the beautiful flowers while inhaling their intoxicated fragrance is the worth coming on this trip. Next morning, undulated walk for 10-12 km will take you towards the next destination, Osla. All the year you will find this land filled with wild beautiful orchids.
Day 1: Dehradun to Sankri
Day 2: Sankri to Pauni Garaat via Taluka
Day 3: Pauni Garaat to Kalkattiyadhaar
Day 4: Kalkattiyadhar to Har Ki Doon
Day 5: Har Ki Doon to Pauni Garaat via Osla
Day 6: Pauni Garaat to Sankri via Taluka
Day 7: Sankri to Dehradun
How to Reach
By Air :-
Jolly Grant Airport is the airport serving Dehradun, located about 25 km from the city. There is a daily flight from Delhi to Dehradun. Come one day early if planning to come by flight.
By Train :-
Take the overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi
- Nandadevi Express – Train no: 12205 (Departure 11:50pm; Arrival – 5:40am)
- Dehradun Express – Train no: 12687 (Departure – 9:10pm; Arrival – 5:00am)
Usually buses drop you at Dehradun ISBT. From there you have to come to Dehradun Railway Station
- TTH’s Tata Sumo or similar vehicles will pick-up you from Dehradun Railway Station at 6:30am.
- Pick-up is included in the cost of the trek
- You will reach Sankri by 4:00 pm
- Food from dehradun to Sankri is not included in the trek cost
1. Transport: Dehradun to Sankri and Return.
2. Meals while on trek (Veg. + Egg).
3. All necessary entry fees and permits.
4. Accommodation:- Guest house, Home stay, camping during Trek.
5. Qualified & mountaineering certified trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
6. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
7. Trek equipments and gear. (Sleeping Bag/Inner/Mattress Tents/Kitchen tent/dinning tent/toilet tent).
8. TTH Staff Insurance
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
3. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.